Sunday 14 June 2015

Full disclosure

I think I realised today that I'm holding too much back. 


When I started this thing, it was just to have somewhere to write down random stuff. I thought it might be interesting - if embarrassing - to read back at a later date. Plus of course, I find it really difficult to talk to people I know about personal things (oh, I don't know, another hang-up from god knows where) and thought that it would be more easily written in some sort of anonymous form. But I really need to be honest for that to have any value and there's a lot of stuff I've not mentioned.

That's not to say that I will; I might have said before that nothing can happen until you actually admit it to yourself (or something) and I'm not sure I have admitted everything yet. Thing is, I don't think I know what "everything" is yet. I know I need to talk to someone but I...can't at the moment.

None of that made much sense, but that's half the point I suppose; I made a vow (or was it a pledge, or lock?) to pretty much just write what comes naturally and edit only minimally, so I might as well stick to it. I've been guilty of over-thinking and over-editing things in the past, often to end up just deleting them, so I'll leave this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment